An overview of the group assignment for Preliminary two has revealed itself. In Preliminary two: the remaining 72 girls would be grouped into eight groups of nine characters. Each group will go through a round-robin system in a 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 match. Because of the high contrast in style between Preliminary one and Preliminary two, there is a chance that data from the first preliminary may be unreliable here. Unlike selecting two out of characters from before, the nine contestants will be divided into groups of three such that the girls would face everyone in their group at least once. Because of a smaller selection and single decision, data from preliminary one may be trash, and I would have to revamp how I look at these girls as time moves one. However, preliminary one is the only “reliable” source that I have for a general account of how strong the girls are. Then again, anything can happen in ISML, may get a few surprises one way or another as this round progresses. The following are a detailed description of who I believe will win:
Nova 1 – Out of everyone here, I think it is safe to say that Kanzaki H. Aria would be the victor here. Aria has shown a rather impressive showing when paired with veterans and newcomers alike. With an added Kugimiya factor, she seem to be the one taking this one. Elucia de Lute Irma and Ayuzawa Misaki are two contenders to look out for, but I believe both of them will be second and third at best if pitted with Aria.
Nova 2 – A more interesting match to think about. Makise Kurisu appears to be the one getting the next seat in Regular Season, but one cannot look away from Honma Meiko’s well performance as well in the first preliminary. Then again, I think Honma is weaker than Kurisu in terms of power, so maybe Kurisu can walk away here as the victor. Mine Riko proves to be the sneaky girl to look out for that may pull off a surprise attack under their noses.
Nova 3 – On face value, in certainly looks like Mikazuki Yozora has this one in the bag. Haganai already has two of their top members in Regular Season, and Yozora does not wish to be left out in the mix. She has made a strong stand during the first preliminaries, so she may be able to transfer that power here. Aragaki Ayase seems to be the only one who is able to give Yozora a run for her money for a spot at the top. She, too, has two people from her series in the game, so she wishes to be with them for a bit longer. Kirishima Shōko may prove to be a wildcard due to an improved performance compared to last year, but I think she will get third place at best.
Nova 4 – Sakura Kyōko looks to have this group’s number. I really do not see anyone who has a chance in taking her out of the competition. I think the only one who can come close, as in second place close, is Haruna. Unless, for some odd reason, the second season of Kore wa Zobmie decides to air at this moment and give Haruna a boost, I do not think she can do anything to Kyōko, despite being a “masou” shoujo herself. Third place is most likely Himeji Mizuki.
Nova 5 – Looking at the group as is, it seems like Yuzuriha Inori will be walking away as the victor. I am still a bit unsure as to where Inori is in terms of power, but I think she will be able to manage here. Iwasawa Asami seems to be the only one worthy of a challenge. Since she is the last girl of the SSS group not in Regular Season yet, it seems clear that she wants to join everyone for another round. Other girls to look out for are Gasai Yuno and Tomoe Mami, but I do not believe that either of them are likely to win. They do have a chance, but I cannot see it happening yet.
Nova 6 – Tōwa Erio looks to be the victor here for a seat at Regular Season. Erio has shown to pull her own weight when it comes to dealing with former ISML girls stronger than she. I think she, above everyone here, is likely to advance to the next round. The main girls in her way are Haqua du Lot Herminium and Kaname Madoka, but I believe each is going to take second and third place instead of grabbing a seat at this stage.
Nova 7 – Out of all the girls here, I think Irisviel von Einzbern will be the winner of this one. Nakagawa Kanon and Suzutsuki Kanade have their share of placement and power, but I believe both will be crushed by the hands of Irisviel. Coming out from a more recent series than either of them, I believe Irisveil has some sort of advantage of making it in at this point.
Nova 8 – I think Nova 8 is the toughest to predict because the top two contenders here are relatively close in strength. In a stance between Fear Kubrick and Konoe Subaru, I am going to make a guess and say that Fear wins this coin toss match. My only defense for her is her role as an insane, yet cute moe blob. Also, lolis are apparently a plus. Then again Subaru does have her cute moments when she acts like a normal girl, despite being one herself. Hotogi Shirayuki is the mysterious dark horse here that may attack if these two put their guards down for a second.
Stella 1 – Louise Vallière looks to return once again in ISML. It helps if you are voiced by Kugimiya Rie and come from JC Staff. If you have those two qualities, you are most likely in the game. Kotobuki Tsumugi has a chance to take her out, but I do not see that happening.
Stella 2 – Oshino Shinobu looks to be the winner of this one. Shinobu really surprised be back in the first preliminaries. I really did not think she would be much of a challenge, but seeing her perform there heightened my expectations for her to make it into Regular season. I think she has what it takes this time around. It also helps that her series is still airing. The only person able to take her down is Furukawa Nagisa. This will be likely if Nisemonogatari did not boost her enough to get past girls like her.
Stella 3 – Sakagami Tomoyo looks to have this one to the count. Sanzen’in Nagi may be able to win if Clannad has dropped in strength considerably between now and time time the two face each other at day four of their match. Then again, Nagi seemed to have weakened quite a bit herself. I think Tomoyo is able to hang on and make it in from here. She defeated Nagi before last year in Preliminary two. She should be able to do it again this year as well.
Stella 4 – Izumi Konata should be able to win this. It will most likely come down between her and C.C., but Konata should be stronger that C.C. Tainaka Ritsu may be added into the mix for some fun, but she is most likely not going to do anything about either of them.
Stella 5 – Hirasawa Yui should easily take a seat to Regular Season from here. Hiiragi Kagami has sadly dropped to the point where I think Konata is better than her when it should be the other way around. The only mysterious one out of the bunch is Hecate, and it is still unclear how much of a boost she has gotten from the final season of Shakugan no Shana. She certainly improved from last year, but by how much is the question. Even so, Yui will still be able to knock her out here.
Stella 6 – Not a very filling arena for strong characters. Last Order looks to be the victorious one here. There is also Asahina Mikuru to consider as well. I think both of these girls have an equal opportunity in passing to Regular Season from here. Last Order might just edge out from Mikuru when the time is right. There is also Konjiki no Yami and even Okazaki Ushio to consider, but I do not think either of them can defeat the two already mentioned.
Stella 7 – Illyasviel von Einzbern looks to walk out of this one with the victory. Fate/Zero and possibly Carnival Phantasm somehow managed to heightened her power to a greater level. I do not think anyone of the group is able to stop her at this point. Ikaros seems to be the only one able to put up some form of a guard against her, but maybe that is not enough. Hirasawa Ui can try as well, but I doubt she can do anything to Illyasviel.
Stella 8 – It is going to be another Fujibayashi Kyō vs. Holo rematch back in Preliminary 2 of last year. History is going to repeat itself; Kyō will defeat Holo and grab a safe seat at Regular Season. Neither Shiina Mafuyu or Fate Testarossa can stop the inevitable fate of the two of them seeing each other to see who has what it takes to pass from this stage.
Full group listings are found under here, which can also be seen in the main page of the website until voting time:
- Nova 1: Astarotte Ygvar (Astarotte no Omocha!) vs. Ayuzawa Misaki (Kaichō wa Maid-sama!) vs. Elucia de Lute Irma (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) vs. Inui Sana (Mashiro-iro Symphony) vs. Kanzaki H. Aria (Hidan no Aria) vs. Kasugano Sora (Yosuga no Sora) vs. Kunieda Aoi (Beelzebub) vs. Shionji Yūko (Alice) (Kami-sama no Memochō) vs. Taneshima Poplar (WORKING!!)
- Nova 2: Honma Meiko (AnoHana) vs. Makise Kurisu (Steins;Gate) vs. Mine Riko (Hidan no Aria) vs. Nanasaki Ai (Amagami SS) vs. Oikawa Tsurara (Nurarihyon no Mago) vs. Shimada Minami (Baka to Test to Shōkanjū) vs. Yamada Aoi (WORKING!!) vs. Yarizui Sen (Ben-Tō) vs. Yune (Ikoku Meiro no Croisée)
- Nova 3: Aragaki Ayase (Ore no Imōto) vs. Dalian (Dantalian no Shoka) vs. Inami Mahiru (WORKING!!) vs. Kirishima Shōko (Baka to Test to Shōkanjū) vs. Laura Bodewig (IS) vs. Mikazuki Yozora (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) vs. Minato Tomoka (Ro-Kyu-Bu!) vs. Tsurugi Minko (Hanasaku Iroha) vs. Uryū Minene (Mirai Nikki)
- Nova 4: Ayase Chihaya (Chihayafuru) vs. Hakamada Hinata (Ro-Kyu-Bu!) vs. Haruna (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) vs. Himeji Mizuki (Baka to Test to Shōkanjū) vs. Ika-Musume (Shinryaku! Ika Musume) vs. Sakura Kyōko (Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica) vs. Shinonome Hakase (Nichijō) vs. Takahara Ayumi (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) vs. Tsugumi (Guilty Crown)
- Nova 5: Gasai Yuno (Mirai Nikki) vs. Iwasawa Asami (Angel Beats!) vs. Kaga Rin (Usagi Drop) vs. Kisaragi Chihaya (THE iDOLM@STER) vs. Morishima Haruka (Amagami SS) vs. Reki (Hidan no Aria) vs. Tomoe Mami (Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica) vs. Wendy Marvell (FAIRY TAIL) vs. Yuzuriha Inori (Guilty Crown)
- Nova 6: Akaza Akari (YuruYuri) vs. Haqua du Lot Herminium (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) vs. Kaname Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica) vs. Oshimizu Nako (Hanasaku Iroha) vs. Sena Airi (Mashiro-iro Symphony) vs. Shinomiya Ayase (Guilty Crown) vs. Shinonome Nano (Nichijō) vs. Tōwa Erio (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko) vs. Ueno Kirika (C³ – Cube×Cursed×Curious)
- Nova 7:Amami Haruka (THE iDOLM@STER) vs. Anjō Naruko (AnoHana) vs. Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/Zero) vs. Matsumae Ohana (Hanasaku Iroha) vs. Miki Sayaka (Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica) vs. Nakagawa Kanon (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) vs. Shinonono Hōki (IS) vs. Suzutsuki Kanade (Mayo Chiki!) vs. Toshinō Kyōko (YuruYuri)
- Nova 8: Amaha Miu (Mashiro-iro Symphony) vs. Fear Kubrick (C³ – Cube×Cursed×Curious) vs. Horizon Ariadust (P-01s) (Kyōkai Senjō no Horizon) vs. Hoshii Miki (THE iDOLM@STER) vs. Hotogi Shirayuki (Hidan no Aria) vs. Konoe Subaru (Mayo Chiki!) vs. Shiina Mayuri (Steins;Gate) vs. Shiomiya Shiori (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) vs. Takakura Himari (Mawaru-Penguindrum)
- Stella 1: Chii (Chobits) vs. Evangeline A.K. McDowell (Mahō Sensei Negima!) vs. Hiiragi Tsukasa (Lucky ☆ Star) vs. Ibuki Fūko (CLANNAD) vs. Kotobuki Tsumugi (K-ON!) vs. Louise Vallière (Zero no Tsukaima) vs. Lucy Heartfilia (FAIRY TAIL) vs. Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono) vs. Suigintō (Rozen Maiden)
- Stella 2: Alice (Pandora Hearts) vs. Furukawa Nagisa (CLANNAD) vs. Hinamori Amu (Shugo Chara!) vs. Kawashima Ami (Toradora!) vs. Kotegawa Yui (To LOVE-Ru) vs. Kōzuki Kallen (Code Geass) vs. Oshino Shinobu (Bakemonogatari) vs. Saginomiya Isumi (Hayate no Gotoku!) vs. Shirai Kuroko (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
- Stella 3: Erza Scarlet (FAIRY TAIL) vs. Haibara Ai (Detective Conan) vs. Index Librorum Prohibitorum (Toaru Majutsu no Index) vs. Kamio Misuzu (AIR) vs. Sakagami Tomoyo (CLANNAD) vs. Sanzen’in Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku!) vs. Sōryū Asuka Langley (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. Yin (DARKER THAN BLACK) vs. Yūki Mikan (To LOVE-Ru)
- Stella 4: Ayanami Rei (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. C.C. (Code Geass) vs. Chrome Dokuro (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!) vs. Hoshina Utau (Shugo Chara!) vs. Ichinose Kotomi (CLANNAD) vs. Izumi Konata (Lucky ☆ Star) vs. Tainaka Ritsu (K-ON!) vs. Takamachi Nanoha (Mahō Shōjo Lyrical Nanoha) vs. Tsukimiya Ayu (Kanon)
- Stella 5: Hecate (Shakugan no Shana) vs. Hiiragi Kagami (Lucky ☆ Star) vs. Hirasawa Yui (K-ON!) vs. Kagura (Gintama) vs. Kuchiki Rukia (BLEACH) vs. Kushieda Minori (Toradora!) vs. Lala Satalin Deviluke (To LOVE-Ru) vs. Ryūgū Rena (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) vs. Saten Ruiko (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
- Stella 6: Asahina Mikuru (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu) vs. Hanekawa Tsubasa (Bakemonogatari) vs. Isayama Yomi (Ga-Rei: Zero) vs. Konjiki no Yami (To LOVE-Ru) vs. Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke) vs. Last Order (Toaru Majutsu no Index) vs. Maria (Hayate no Gotoku!) vs. Okazaki Ushio (CLANNAD) vs. Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
- Stella 7: Enma Ai (Jigoku Shōjo) vs. Furude Rika (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) vs. Hirasawa Ui (K-ON!) vs. Ikaros (Sora no Otoshimono) vs. Illyasviel von Einzbern (Fate/stay night) vs. Kinomoto Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura) vs. Sakurano Kurimu (Seitokai no Ichizon) vs. Shinku (Rozen Maiden) vs. Uiharu Kazari (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
- Stella 8: Fate Testarossa (Mahō Shōjo Lyrical Nanoha) vs. Fujibayashi Kyō (CLANNAD) vs. Hanato Kobato (Kobato.) vs. Holo (Spice and Wolf) vs. Hyūga Hinata (NARUTO) vs. Kanzaki Kaori (Toaru Majutsu no Index) vs. Kawasumi Mai (Kanon) vs. Ryōgi Shiki (Kara no Kyōkai) vs. Shiina Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)